Jan Roberts and her videographer, Ravin Forde, left Tampa on August 30th for a 14,000 mile, two-month road trip to film a documentary on solutions addressing the wealth inequity and injustice suffered by African and Native Americans for centuries. They met with ground-breakers creating economic empowerment and other innovative programs like bison restoration on reservations, creators of commercial sizer worker owned cooperatives, the lead organizer for Los Angeles Public Bank and other extraordinarily persistent people that will blow your mind. Stay tuned.
During Covid, Jan had postponed her road trip and did Zoom interviews with ground-breakers engaged in solutions to build an economy based on fairness and justice for all Americans. The interviewees include scholars, activists, economists and more.
Click Here to View Toward a New & Just Economy Zoom Video Series
THANK YOU TO THE SPONSORS OF OUR 2021 ROAD TRIP
- Guides $3500 Amy and John Haile
- Advocates $2,500 Andrea & Mark Floyd; Genie Skypek
- Premiere Sponsors $1,000 Judy Ryan
- City Sponsors $500. Patti Breckenridge & Sue Clark; Val Gallina & George Sherman; Greg Gruendel & Holly O’Brien; Moira Burke; Bonnie and Clarence Carr
- Partners $250. Mimi & David Stamps; Molly & Jim Crews; Paddy Moses; Shelia & Bill Roberts
- Agent of Change $100. Louise Thompson; Mark Klisch; Maria Luisa da Silva Valle; Arlen & Sandra Mohler; Rita Iacino; Susan & Bob Dellinger; Linda Goldstein; Beth Doyle
- The Golden Age $82 (Jan’s Age) Amy Walsh & Susana Darwin
- Navigator $75 Barbara Steck
- Easy Rider $50 Tank of Gas Victoria Jorgensen; Celia Petters; Kate & Pete Marnane; Bonnie Saks & Bradley Minnen;
CITIES ALONG THE WAY INCLUDE: Durham NC; Fredericksburg, VA; Washington DC; New York City; Cleveland, OH; Evanston, IL; St. Louis, MO; Pine Ridge Reservation, SD; Rosebud Sioux Reservation SD; Los Angeles, CA; Oklahoma City, OK; Montgomery, AL; Gore, GA
Thank You For Helping To Support Our Journey
YOUR DONATION IS TAX DEDUCTIBLE CULTURAL INNOVATIONS IN ACTION IS A 501C3