Your outlook on the world may be determined by where you get your news. Innovator Fran Korten, Publisher YES! Magazine
FOOD FOR THOUGHT & CONVERSATION
- What sources do you rely on for your news and information and how do they affect your view of the world and current events?
- What do you think our world will look like 50 years from today?
- The fundamental idea of YES! is to lift up the stories of people who are doing those positive changes. Share your knowledge of YES! stories and also people who are doing that.
- Most mass media outlets only look at the national level and cover controversial or negative stories. Where do you find local stories especially those that focus on positive happenings? How might you share and support those stories.
- A blatant promotion:Subscribe to YES! Magazine and share those stories with friends….perhaps, over dinners. www.yesmagazine.org
- Invite friends, colleagues or community members to view this video with you and host a conversation.
Fran Korten is the Publisher of Yes Magazine & Executive Director of the Positive Futures Network working to build the momentum in the US for actions, policies, and a public consciousness based on the values of justice, sustainability, and compassion. She received her PH.D from Stanford in Social Psychology. She has 20 years’ experience as a program officer at the Ford Foundation’s offices in Manila, Jakarta, and New York working on policy and institutional reforms with leaders from the governmental, nongovernmental, and academic sectors. She has edited several books & authored numerous articles on peoples’ participation, community management of water and forests, and organizational change. She taught at Harvard University and the national university of Ethiopia and served as a research associate for the Central American Management Institute (INCAE).